If you are looking for an alternative to round “roman” style columns consider a paneled column. You can choose between a “raised panel” or “recessed panel” column. Incorporate them in a archway between rooms, or even create two spaces in one room with an archway and columns for a dramatic and inexpensive application.

Paneled Columns and Ceilings Gallery